Organic Peppery Potato Pancakes
A fresh, peppery take on classic organic potato pancakes.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 4 cups white Russet potatoes, mashed
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Sour cream, for serving
- Applesauce, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Using your hands, form mixture into patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and cook two patties at a time. Cook until slightly brown (approximately 5 minutes), then flip. Repeat for remaining patties.
- Serve warm with sour cream and applesauce.
- For some extra veggie oomph, add grated zucchini, minced garlic and bean sprouts.
Simply Organic® Black Pepper
Organic Indian Malabar pepper, to lend familiar (but extra tasty) bite to any dish.