Organic Maple Chipotle Sweet Potato Hash
Maple and chipotle bring warm, savory-sweet flavor to an array of vegetables in this organic sweet potato hash.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cubed (peeled, if desired)
- 1 cup beets, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup onions (white or red), peeled and chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Chipotle
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 packed cups lacinato kale, torn
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1⁄2 to 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet (if on hand, one that can be transferred between the cooktop and oven), over medium-high heat, melt the butter or heat the oil. Add the onions and bell pepper.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent and the vegetables “sweat.” Add the beets, parsnips and sweet potatoes, stirring to combine.
- Into the vegetables, stir the spices and syrup. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove skillet from stovetop and place in oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft and can be pierced with a fork. After 20 minutes of baking, check on the hash and stir the vegetables.
- While the hash cooks, sprinkle olive oil on the lacinato kale and chickpeas, just enough to coat (not drench) the greens and prevent them from becoming brittle in the oven.
- About 7 minutes before removing the hash from the oven, add the lacinato kale and chickpeas to the top of the hash.
- Once the kale has wilted, remove the hash from the oven and gently fold the kale and chickpeas into the vegetables.
- For more heat, add additional Simply Organic® Chipotle.
Simply Organic® Chipotle
Organic southwest Chipotle powder brings spicy, smoky life to a variety of dishes.