Start your day of celebration with a flavor-filled vegetable breakfast casserole.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 4 leftover dinner rolls (stale is best) or 4 slices of white bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can of green chilies, drained
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 3 ounces green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 5 ounces spinach
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Simply Organic® black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Simply Organic® crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® garlic powder
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese, plus more for topping
Note: Simply Organic® has provided this recipe as a suggestion for your use based on commonly available ingredients understood to be "vegetarian," which we define as not including any meat, fish, seafood or any products derived from them or any other part of an animal. This recipe may include animal by-products such as eggs, dairy, honey and substances derived from them. Please review the recipe carefully to determine your personal preference.