Organic Savory Spiced Turkey Rub
Perfect the centerpiece of your feast with a savory organic turkey rub featuring aromatic herbs and spices.
SERVES: 10 to 12
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 1 (12-pound) turkey, thawed
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic® Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic® Thyme
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Sage
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine spices, herbs and salt.
- Brush turkey with olive oil. Rub seasonings to evenly coat turkey.
- Roast in preheated oven for approximately 3 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Set aside to rest 20 minutes before carving.
- Very lightly sprinkle turkey with paprika after baking to add to the depth of the savory flavors and a rich, dark color.
Simply Organic® Onion Powder
Full-flavored, premium-grade organic onion powder, grown in the Northwest United States.