Organic Holiday Spiced Ham
Organic holiday spiced ham is at its best in this recipe featuring organic cinnamon, cloves and red pepper flakes.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 4 1⁄2 pound ham
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Crushed Red Pepper
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham in shallow roasting pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil or tight-fitting lid. Cook ham for approximately 10 minutes per pound or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine all remaining ingredients; stir constantly over medium heat until thoroughly warmed. Remove ham from oven and increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Pour or brush glaze over ham.
- Return ham to oven for about 15 minutes. Do not cover during the last 15 minutes of baking.
- For a crispier outer edge, place under the broiler for the last few minutes of baking.
Simply Organic® Ground Cloves
Organic Sri Lankan cloves with a high oil content for intensely deep aroma and flavor.