Organic Ginger Orange Salmon with Pomegranate Seeds
Baked salmon gets big flavor with roasted orange slices, pomegranate seeds and organic spices.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 1 pound wild-caught salmon (such as sockeye or coho), cut into 4-ounce pieces
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (or juice from an orange)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Sesame Seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Onion Powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- Seeds from 1⁄2 pomegranate (about 1⁄2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice and honey. Generously brush the mixture on top of the salmon filets.
- In another small bowl, whisk together dried spices. Sprinkle over the top of the salmon filets.
- Place 1 orange slice on top of each salmon filet. Brush orange slices with remaining oil and orange juice mixture, then bake salmon for 12 minutes. Turn oven off and turn broiler on low. Broil the salmon for 3 to 4 minutes, until tops of oranges and salmon are caramelized.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve hot. Note: Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the salmon and how close your salmon is to the broiler.