Organic Cranberry Ginger Turkey Brine
Nudge your turkey up a notch with this sweet and tangy brine.
SERVES: 10 to 12
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 1 (12-pound) turkey, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine melted butter with lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush the outside of the turkey with the butter mixture and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Roast for 1 hour then pour cranberry juice on top of the turkey. Continue cooking for another 2 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Slice and serve warm.
Simply Organic® Ginger
A-grade, peeled and unsulfited organic ginger root with a spicy sweet flavor and aroma.