Organic Vanilla Clove French 75 Cocktail
This French 75 cocktail takes a well spiced twist with organic vanilla beans, cloves and cinnamon sticks. Note: Makes enough simple syrup for up to 32 cocktails.
SERVES: 2 cocktails
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 2 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 Simply Organic® Whole Cloves
- 1 Simply Organic® Vanilla Bean
- 3 Simply Organic® Cinnamon Sticks
- 6 fluid ounces prosecco, chilled
- 2 fluid ounces apple brandy
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 orange or lemon rind twists
- To make the syrup, fill a small pot with water. Bring to medium and slowly add sugar, cloves, vanilla bean, cinnamon sticks and orange rind. Once sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes, until it is a golden orange color.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove cloves and orange rind. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To make cocktails, divide prosecco into 2 champagne flutes. Split apple brandy and lemon juice between flutes, then add 1⁄2 fluid ounce simple syrup into each flute. Stir with a long spoon, then serve with orange or lemon rind twist.