Organic Spiced Rum Coquito
A well-spiced, organic rendition of the eggnog-like rum coquito, featuring cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 1 15-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup organic sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white rum
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Nutmeg
- whipped cream (for topping)
- Simply Organic® Ground Cloves (for topping)
Glass Rim Garnish:
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- A pinch of Simply Organic® Ground Cloves
For the glass rim garnish:
- In a wide, shallow bowl, combine the shredded coconut, sugar and cloves.
- Dip the rims of 5 glasses in a bowl of water, then into the bowl of garnish.
- In the freezer, chill the glasses for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
For the coquito:
- In a blender, combine all coquito ingredients. Pulse for 2 minutes, until frothy and thick.
- Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with whipped cream, cloves and nutmeg.
- For a colder drink, chill the coquito mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
Simply Organic® Ground Cloves
Organic Sri Lankan cloves with a high oil content for intensely deep aroma and flavor.