Organic Holiday Citrus Punch
Refresh your gatherings this season with an elegant, wine-laced holiday citrus punch. Featuring a spiced simple syrup, citrus and pomegranate juices, rosé wine and cinnamon sticks, this drink has all the trimmings to make your holiday party shine.
SERVES: 8 to 10
Use organic ingredients where possible.
For the Cinnamon-Infused Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cane sugar
- 5 Simply Organic® Cinnamon Sticks
- 5 Simply Organic® Whole Cloves (optional, highly recommended)
For the Fruit and Rosé Punch:
- 2 cups orange juice, chilled
- 1 cup pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 cups (16-ounce bottle) pomegranate juice, chilled
- 1 bottle (750 ml) rosé wine, chilled
For the Garnish:
- Orange slices
- Pomegranate seeds
- Simply Organic® Cinnamon Sticks
- Rosemary sprigs (optional)
To Make the Simple Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, add water, sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Warm over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to fully cool as the spices infuse the syrup (about 20 to 25 minutes). Remove cloves, leaving cinnamon sticks in syrup.
To Make the Punch:
- In a punch bowl, combine simple syrup, juices and wine, stirring to blend.
- Lay orange slices atop punch and sprinkle pomegranate seeds carefully on top of the slices.
- To serve, place cubed ice and a cinnamon stick in each glass. Ladle punch into individual glasses. For a festive look, add a rosemary sprig to each glass.
- Freeze orange slices and a few pomegranate seeds in water to make pomegranate ice cubes.
- The punch made be prepared a day in advance.