Organic Simple Sugar Cookie Bars
Classic sugar cookies get an easy, elegant upgrade with our organic vanilla and almond extracts.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Vanilla Extract
Adobo Yogurt Frosting:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 Simply Organic® Almond Extract
- Sliced almonds
Sugar Cookie Bars:
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper so the paper overhangs the edges.
- In a large bowl, stir the flour with the baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Chill for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set in the center and edges are lightly golden. Cool completely before frosting.
- Using an electric mixer, whip butter until light and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar, milk and almond extract on low speed until smooth.
- Spread over cooled cookie bars. Sprinkle with almonds. Cut into 32 pieces.
- For a nut-free recipe, substitute vanilla extract for the almond extract in the frosting, and omit the sliced almonds.
Simply Organic® Almond Extract
Perfectly pure organic extract for deliciously clean, delectable taste and heavenly aroma.