Organic Brussels Sprouts with Sage Brown Butter
Roasted organic brussels sprouts are perfectly paired with a sage brown butter dipping sauce.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
Browned Sage Butter:
- 1 cup unsalted or salted butter — both work, salted makes for a salty dipping butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 20 Brussels sprouts (about 1 1⁄2 pounds), halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
For the sprouts:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss the halved Brussels sprouts in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On a greased sheet pan, scatter Brussels sprouts, placing the cut side down. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until tops are slightly brown.
For the butter:
- While the Brussels sprouts roast, in a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add sage and garlic powder. Checking often, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown, but not burnt.
- Remove from heat and squeeze lemon juice over the mixture. Pour into a serving bowl.
- Remove sprouts from oven. Allow to cool about 5 minutes, until the sprouts can be handled. Once cool, thread about 5 halved sprouts through each of 8 skewers. Serve immediately with browned butter.
Simply Organic® Sage
Organic, 100% pure, Salvia officinalis with a warm, earthy flavor and woodsy fragrance.