Organic 7 Layer Mediterranean Dip with Pita Chips
This simple 7-layer dip takes us to the Mediterranean with hummus, red bell pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, black olives, artichokes, feta cheese, organic oregano and pita chips!
SERVES: 6 to 8
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 20 ounces plain hummus (store bought or homemade)
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 3.8-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke heart halves, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 8-ounce block feta cheese
- 4 whole wheat pitas, cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Frontier® Sea Salt, to taste
- Into bottom of medium-size baking dish or casserole-style dish, spoon hummus, then stir in oregano, onion powder and garlic powder. Spread spiced hummus over bottom of dish until fully covered.
- Add each vegetable layer on top: bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and artichoke hearts. Sprinkle cheese over top, then a pinch of additional oregano, if desired.
- To make the pita chips, preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss pita wedges with olive oil and salt. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until crispy.
- Serve immediately or store dip covered in refrigerator and chips in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, then serve. For extra flavor, sprinkle pita chips with oregano and garlic powder before baking.